At its October 2015 meeting, the Board of Regents discussed critical areas for action and proposed improvement activities aligned with the Blueprint for Improved Results for Students with Disabilities.
In order to implement the Blueprint, the following improvement activities are planned for continuation or initiation during the 2015 -16 school year:
- Promote student engagement in self-advocacy and in determining their own educational goals and plans;
- Ensure parents, and other family members, are engaged as meaningful partners in the special education process and the education of their children;
- Ensure teachers design, provide and assess the effectiveness of specially-designed instruction to provide students with disabilities with access to the general education curriculum and that teachers provide research-based instructional teaching and learning strategies and supports for students with disabilities;
- Ensure schools provide multi-tiered systems of behavioral and academic support;
- Ensure schools provide high quality inclusive programs and activities; and
- Improve transition planning and post-secondary results for students with disabilities.
To learn more and download related documentation, click here.