From the Center for Parent Information and Resources:
“Life is full of transitions, and one of the more remarkable ones occurs when we get ready to leave high school and go out in the world as young adults. When the student has a disability, it’s especially helpful to plan ahead for that transition. In fact, IDEA requires it.”
Click here for links to:
- Quick summary of transition
- IDEA’s definition of transition services
- Considering the definition
- Students at the heart of planning their transition
- When must transition services be included in the IEP?
- A closer look at what to include in the IEP
- The domains of adulthood to consider
- Types of activities to consider
- Resources to get started
Learn more… Transition to Adulthood | Center for Parent Information and Resources.