From the US Department of Labor: “Join us for an interactive webinar! The Pathways Programs offer clear paths to Federal internships for students and careers for recent graduates, and provide meaningful training and career development opportunities for individuals who are beginning a career in Federal service. This session will highlight specific things students with disabilities can do when applying for Federal jobs. A Program Analyst (and former Federal intern with a disability) at the U.S. Office of Personnel Management will break down the steps to apply for Federal jobs (including Pathways positions) and provide you with an excellent foundation to consider a rewarding career in the Federal Government.
During this Session you will learn:
- The three pathways to Federal employment
- How to effectively navigate USAJOBS
- How students with disabilities may be eligible for a special hiring authority
- How to best highlight your education and experience when preparing a federal resume
- The steps in applying for Federal positions”
Learn more about this event: U.S. Department of Labor — ODEP – Office of Disability Employment Policy – Workforce Recruitment Program – Pathways to Federal Employment Webinar for Students with Disabilities for Students with Disabilities — February 13, 2013.